Tuesday, December 11, 2007

To Austria and Back again!

Our adventures start over Thanksgiving for a skiing trip to Stubai, Austria! I've never skiied so hard in my life! Eddie had his snowboard, and tried to keep up with me. (When I wasn't on my butt!) It was so much fun and the alps were amazingly beautiful!

Eddie took this picture on his way up to the top of the mountain! It was foggy down below, but crystal clear where we were skiing!
Then...a couple weeks later we took a trip back to Austria, just the two of us. We stopped in Garmisch, Germany and the Army Edelweiss Resort. There were only three runs open on the ski hill, so we got pretty good at those. I actually skiied the gates and raced down the runs. It was so much fun. We stopped to take a break, and take our jackets off (it was warm out there!) We continued our road trip to Vienna, Austria (the musical capital of the world). I fell in love with the culture and history of this place. We went to Mozart's house and had second row tickets to a quartet in one of his rooms! This dude was staring at me the whole time, so I went and took a picture with him! We decided to make silly faces...
We couldn't miss out on the Schloss Shronbrunn Christmas Market. Eddie got a homemade doughnut and warm gluwein, I got a cookie and warm gluwein. You have to come to Christmas in Germany, it's so much fun!
Oh, and who can forget the opera?!!! We went and saw Mozart's The Magic Flute, and once again had second row seats. It was so beautiful and I got to dress up a little:) Eddie was so handsome...it was perfect! We then went to a cafe and were serenaded by the piano. I should tell you, when we first got to Vienna we went to a restaurant and were the only people there, but we were still serenaded by a piano, violin, and opera singer! I love Vienna!
Our perfect evening ended with some Dom Perignon and the movie The Incredibles. I am so spoiled!It's almost Christmas! Merry Christmas and may God's gift to us remain close to your heart during this season! Lots O Love!

2 comments:

Jeff and Heidi said...

Hi Sarah - you are spoiled and so lucky! I am glad that life is going so well for you! You seem extremely happy and you deserve nothing less. I hope you have a wonderful Chirstmas holiday season!
~Heidi

Liz said...

Lots of Love Parker! Miss you LOADS!!! Hope all is well and keep me posted on wedding plans! Congrats and best wishes! MUAH!